02-18-2020, 06:08 PM   #10
bluemgic
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3, 2013 Limerock M3, 202

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodTime View Post
I've seen this car for sale quite a few times. If I remember correctly, it has insanely low mileage. Definitely an interesting story somewhere why the build was taken in this direction. I'd be curious to know the history.

Looks like it will be a fun car though, OP! And if your F80 is gonna fill all the daily duties, you can really go as crazy as you want with this one!
The previous owner decided to turn it into a track car after finding out it had an accident on its history. I was looking for a track car and the fact it was a LRP was simply a bonus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagon View Post
IDK why anyone would do this to a LRP car. Just get a beat up car, gut it and wrap it in orange. But I digress.

I would convert it to GTS as with the Fire Orange paint, it'd be as close to a GTS as possible in the US. Maybe sprinkle some GT4 sauce on it.
I wanted a track ready car and the fact that this one had accident history and below what LRPs market value made sense to me. Yea i agree GT4 touches here and there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjm41 View Post
If it is a dedicated track car the first thing I'd do is ditch the awful brakes for a stoptech or brembo kit. The brakes are the Achilles heel of the e92 M3.
Thanks yea next phase after i beat these brakes up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HELROTM3 View Post
Amazing find. I would dial it back some...make it more of a Clubsport GTS type spec. Agree on the BBK upgrade idea.
Thanks man yea i'll probably end up somewhere between a clubsport and a racecar, meaning it will still have AC, glass windows, stock body panels, but also full cage and all racing safety items.
Appreciate 0