View Single Post
      01-22-2020, 05:36 PM   #1
acarr6
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 DCT

Hi all,

Wanted to share my M3, and the progression I've made thus far under my ownership. This is my second E92 M3, the first one being an 08 MT SS2.

Background
The original owner of the car purchased it in 2011, with the plan to make it his project/weekend car. Upon delivery, he added a Gintani race exhaust, vorsteiner hood and trunk. In 2013 he decided he wanted to supercharge the car, so he had it shipped from Toronto, down to Gintani in LA to have the mods done. He went with the Gintani 2.5+ kit, Gintani X pipe, had the vorsteiner wheels added, and the Brembo GT 380MM front and rear brakes installed. In 2015, he had the car shipped back to Gintani to build the 4.4L stroker. They found a donor engine and went to work. The block is honed/sleeved, coated main bearings, coated rod bearings, custom stroker camshafts, Carrillo rods, and forged pistons. He spared no expense on the motor build. Its running stock 12:1 compression and 8.5PSI. Fast foward to March 2019 when I purchased the car.

Exterior:
Avery Rock grey wrap
Vorsteiner GTS3 bumper
Vorsteiner Carbon Trunk
Vorsteiner Carbon hood
Bbs Fi RKP spec
Mumbray Motorsports aluminum undertray

Drivetrain:
Custom built 4.4L Stroker by Gintani
Gintani 2.5+ Supercharger kit
Gintani Catless Xpipe mated to Gintani sport rear
Upgraded clutchpacks

Interior:
Oem gloss carbon trim
AEM boost/AFR/Waterpump gauges w/ custom carbon housing

Suspension/Brakes:
Swift Springs
Brembo GT 380MM front and rear brakes

Pics of my progression so far:

When I first bought the car, it was wrapped matte black to protect the frozen black paint underneath. The wrap was in pretty rough shape so I wanted to either remove it or have it rewrapped.

After the first wash, to inspect the wrap fully:

[IMG]
View post on imgur.com
[/IMG]
[IMG]
View post on imgur.com
[/IMG]

I decided that it was time to remove the wrap shortly after taking ownership.

[IMG]
View post on imgur.com
[/IMG]

[IMG]
View post on imgur.com
[/IMG]

[IMG]
View post on imgur.com
[/IMG]

The frozen paint underneath was actually in great shape, but I wanted to change up the look to make the car feel more like my car, rather than someone else's. I started by adding the missing Vorsteiner GTS3 front lip. Which was actually surprisingly hard to find as they don't make it anymore, and most places were out of stock.

[IMG]
View post on imgur.com
[/IMG]
[IMG]
View post on imgur.com
[/IMG]

Next step was deciding what colour to wrap it. I always wanted a Nardo car, so I figured this was the route to go. Finding the right shade was more stressful than I thought it would be, but ended up loving Rock Grey from Avery. While it was getting wrapped I also swapped the Emblems for new OEM embelms, and swapped the sidemarker from blacked out to the OEM ///M ones.

[IMG]
View post on imgur.com
[/IMG]

[IMG]
View post on imgur.com
[/IMG]

[IMG]
View post on imgur.com
[/IMG]

[IMG]
View post on imgur.com
[/IMG]

[IMG]
View post on imgur.com
[/IMG]

The guys at Inzenskin in Toronto really knocked it out of the park. They also PPF'd the front lip and carbon roof for me.

Next step was changing the exhaust and suspension. Swift springs would provide the perfect drop for now, but I'm contemplating Ohlins R&T as I'd like more camber adjustability. The Gintani race was simply too loud for me, and I wanted to try out the valvetronic/bomiz exhaust. I had the chrome tips powdercoated black and got some new paddles while I was at it. This exhaust setup was short lived, as I didn't like the sound with my setup. I also cleaned up and polished the carbon in the engine bay.

[IMG]
View post on imgur.com
[/IMG]

[IMG]
View post on imgur.com
[/IMG]

[IMG]
View post on imgur.com
[/IMG]

[IMG]
View post on imgur.com
[/IMG]

[IMG]
View post on imgur.com
[/IMG]

After a few short weeks I decided to try out the Gintani sport exhaust, which is what I currently have on the car. The next thing that needed attention were the wheels. They were finished in a matte black look, which I wasn't a fan of. I decided I wanted to replace the center caps with brand new ones, and then refinish the wheels in a gloss lip and satin black face. I took them to RORO Designs to be refinished, and they did an amazing job.

I ceramic coated the wrap prior to bringing the wheels in to be refinished

[IMG]
View post on imgur.com
[/IMG]

[IMG]
View post on imgur.com
[/IMG]

[IMG]
View post on imgur.com
[/IMG]

[IMG]
View post on imgur.com
[/IMG]

[IMG]
View post on imgur.com
[/IMG]

[IMG]
View post on imgur.com
[/IMG]

I also decided that it was a good time to give the wheel arches a thorough cleaning, as they'd probably never been cleaned. I ceramic coated the brakes while I was in there.

[IMG]
View post on imgur.com
[/IMG]

[IMG]
View post on imgur.com
[/IMG]

[IMG]
View post on imgur.com
[/IMG]

[IMG]
View post on imgur.com
[/IMG]

Will continue to add to this thread as I change and add more things. In the near future I'd like to try to Dinan rear section. I also have the Mumbray motorsports aluminum undertray on the way from the UK!

Last edited by acarr6; 01-30-2020 at 09:35 PM..
Appreciate 10