View Single Post
      04-21-2008, 03:56 PM   #1
NavNurs
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 / S2000 beater

Picked up my Jet/Black/Titanium/18"/NonEDC last Thurs!!

I just wanted to get on the list of cool kids with the new ride!

Seriously, we had a blast driving the coast of NorCal (Big Sur, Carmel and Monterey ) to get the break in over. Tomorrow is the service and then I can finally hear 8K! A few things I noticed which I hadn't read about. Pics as well. Enjoy!

1) Great outward visibility. The blind spots seem to be non-existent and I can look over my left shoulder and instantly see if there is a motorcycle there.

2) The seats are like sitting on balloons. While they are comfortable and supportive, you sweat like you are sitting on one of those excercise balls.

3) My non-consumer tree hugging wife says the door sill says ew when read from inside the car.

4) The Enhanced Audio is quite nice. For anyone who is thinking of getting it, just do. It doesn't have quite the image quality, detail or visceral punch in the mid/low bass as my Meridian system, but at 10% of the cost it is very, very good.

5) The road noise can be rather loud at times which interferes with #4, but it isn't a harsh ride. When I jump back into my S2000 it feels much less solid and quite rough over similar roads. I never thought the S would knock out your fillings, but after riding in the M in comparison it seems as if it might. I think those who are afraid a non-EDC would be too rough can rest easy.

6) The transmission is perfect in the S, but the M is a bit too far away? I sit rather close to the wheel and still found 5th a bit of a reach. Perhaps there will be a short-shift kit in my future.

7) I know cup holders are a US driven concept, but is that the best they can do? Perhaps not having one centrally located is to keep coffee out of the I Drive?

8) I didn't seem to care for the other choices, so I went with the titanium to stay with the dark theme. In the end it is much, much better looking in person than I had expected.

9) For those with cars in San Diego, lets try to get together sometime soon for those who are still waiting? I'll go check the So Cali forum and see if anything is in the works. Otherwise, PM me. Swamp......Jellis......Bueller?

Oh, the bugs show where the clearbra should go!

Appreciate 0