View Single Post
      02-26-2010, 07:27 PM   #20
Ben335
Captain
Rep
Drives: 09 M3 Finally here

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumper206 View Post
I have fabspeed x-pipes w/o resonators and have driven my car for approx. 6-7,000 miles with it and NO CEL... I wonder why? Didn't even use the O2 extenders you guys are talking about. Could it have something to do with installation? I mean it's not just plug and play. You actually have to cut the stock x-pipe out and replace it with the fabspeed one. I would be interested to know if the exact position of the x-pipe(positioning) has something to do with the CEL coming on. I've had 0 CEL issues thus far and I'm at approx. 11,000 miles right now.
Replacing only the Xpipe will never cause a CEL. Only if you change or remove the main set of Catalytic converters will you have issues with CEL. The O2 sensors that monitor things sit before and after the main cats coming right off the headers. That is why you have no issues with CELs as you have only done your Xpipe.

The Fabspeed HFC and Xpipe WILL Definitely throw CELS. It is just a matter of time as to when you actually get them. It depends on a lot of factors, like driving style, throttle position, etc..... Honestly, it is kind of annoying that Fabspeed still claims that it does not cause CELs and they disappeared off this board both as a sponsor and responding to anyone getting CELs. The only way around it is to tune it out or be willing to clear the code anytime it comes up.