View Single Post
      07-03-2018, 08:23 PM   #93
Soul_Glo
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G20

She probably feels entitled and self righteous because she is part of the furniture. People like that have the grandiose attitude of believing they know what is best for the company. Thinking they know it inside out. When such behaviour goes unchallenged it becomes a habit. She has got away with gossip for so long and creating drama or reporting back to management is probably how she survives. Either to get by or out of fear of losing her job. Whatever has happened has contributed to an unhealthy work culture and possibly one you don't agree with. HR usually refer to it as "interpersonal differences."

So what can you do? If she has no logic or concept of time... she probably lacks respect for boundaries too. These can be tricky people to deal with but it is about pushing back and keeping her from violating your boundaries: "I am working on this at the moment when I have time I will come on to that."

It is about staying in adult mode and being assertive. Stick to the facts. Don't criticise or gasp or rebel... she will try and press your buttons more. Stick to factual responses such as: "Okay I have a window tomorrow I will look at it then." No accusation in that statement. No complaining.

Who knows she might be feeling less rewarded for having to teach you things. It can be frustrating when someone is above your pay grade and you have to do that. Sometimes jealousy even gets the better of some.

So you know the political climate there. What do you? Here are some ideas:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/lizryan...fice-politics/

She can put her music on and it may or may not annoy you. You need to find your own way of switching off to her. Different break times might help in the short term but a desk lunch is never advised. Have a change of scenery if there is somewhere else to have lunch - not your car.

Lastly, here are some more ideas:

https://www.askamanager.org/2017/08/...npleasant.html
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13152.00