Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E92 MCB M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nek0
Quote:
Originally Posted by VT3M33 View Post
Thanks man , I had a blast !!!
My biggest problem was traction, and my front lip didn't help either.
All my runs were done in 3rd gear with MDM on @ 12psi of boost although I was prepared with 14 @ 16 psi pulleys but traction was at its worst with the 12psi pulley which netted me 715 whp. I tried taking traction control off but I would do stand stills so I had to work with what i had and that was with MDM on.
Temps were to cold for me to utilize 2nd gear which I used to achieve my 5.7 60-130 whereas I was seeing mid 6's with the vbox using 3rd for take off.
The car definitely needed methanol, I was seeing intake temps of 130-168f same for boost, my best runs were with 100-125f intake and boost temps and even though it was 40f out doing a high speed pull like that and shutting your down soon after waiting to run again in a long line heated the car up pretty good... So good that it replicated what I saw in 70-80f weather when cruising.

Anyhow my best ET/trap was 8.7 @ 154mph which was in the mix of 1000hp gtr's, corvettes, MP4 @ Porsches. I averaged 8.7 - 9.2.

I had a fun and met great people and that's what counts, I will be better prepared for the next events
Next one I will be there as well... Just remember all those Gtr people swear on there left testical that they make 1000whp when they are just the biggest sandbaggers ever... Funny my fastest run last time was with a Gtr as well!!

All and all the car ran great and didn't break, which is a blessing and you were hot lapping so take it as a win!
Once I address the cooling system that will all change , The only reason that 1,200 HP corvette caught me up top is cause I heat soaked , my IAT's on that run were in the high 170's if I recall correctly.

It will be an interesting adventure with this VT4 that's for sure.
Appreciate 0