Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom@AUTOcouture
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmehta211 View Post
Curious--why not BE bearings with increased clearance vs the wpc coated bearings? Turner Motorsport even goes so far to say that increased coating makes the clearance worse.

I'm just trying to do my research on which way to go.
Turner is spot on when they say that. Many describe the WPC's as a coated bearing but in actuality they are a very specialized treatment process of the OEM bearings that drastically increase strength while reducing friction characteristics, without manipulating the dimensions of the pieces themselves. 4-5 years ago when we began doing the services we originally used a coated bearing, but after our own research, i.e. tearing down our own project cars and mapping the wear characteristics of the coated versus others, and many long nights with a few BMW NA M engineers and IMSA Race Engineers, all whom will remain anonymous, we stopped using all other bearing options, as well as the OEM bolts, due to the relatively high level of scatter preload experienced with the stretch to yield design.

What is your opinion of BE bearings? Do you offer them as well, or strictly recommend installing WPC bearings at this time?