06-25-2013, 06:31 PM   #15
KmndntKlink
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2010 e92 m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbraslins View Post
Not trying to argue, I really appreciate any comments against the mod. Just trying to understand it better.

I can see how what you say is true when you're going after 0-60/quarter mile numbers or seeking more power on the dyno sheet. Not gaining anything there really, just sacrificing top speed and shifting more often/sooner. I rarely have my M3 above 90mph, and when I do an occasional HPDE, I rarely exceed 140mph.

My ultimate goal is to improve seat-of-the-pants roll-on feel when you're in 3000-5000 rpm range driving around town. 14.9% more torque sounds like it should help.
That's basically my thinking, I'm never gonna really see the top speed, even on a track, I'd rather shoot out of corners faster and lose lik 10km/h in a super long straight. Plus when I give my buddies rides or want to make the ladies wet, torque is what you need to impress lol. I hear that the revs only increase lik 100rpm even on the 3.62, so its like "less time in a gear" y like what a millisecond? A tune can bump up the limitor 100rpm and you're golden. Not really any tradeoff in fuel efficiency either I thinks.