Quote:
Originally Posted by tlrid3r View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by spxxx View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlrid3r View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by spxxx View Post
Few updates over the last month, I've done some more weight reduction, installed trackspec vents, Fiberlab Door Cards which are pretty nice but I'm bummed they didn't send a matte set I requested... And most importantly I got some seat time. Can say that even with less power and more weight, this car is a total riot compared to my last E82 track car.

I've found that taller tires (I moved from 285/30 to 275/35) really accentuate the S65's lack of torque. That being said, I've decided to upgrade to a 6 clutch ZF LSD (similar to DiffsOnline) with 3.45 gearing. The diff should be here in 1-2 weeks, cannot wait to try it out at some local tracks.

I also decided to bump up my wing size to the GT4 MK2 after some hairy ~100mph oversteer at Thunderhill/Laguna... don't expect a major change but hoping this will help along w/ some suspension test/tuning later this month.
Our cars are pretty much twins as aside from red and blue. Very similar mods and looks.

How did you order the fiberlab door card. Online? How long did it take to arrive?

Great job.
Can't wait to see your car! Thanks for those scrubs, still haven't been able to run them yet...

I just ordered them on their website but I'd definitely call and request matte as I tried to order matte but received gloss. Lead time with shipping was only 2-3 weeks...

I'm really happy with the car, running faster than my E82 at most tracks (except Thunderhill West) with much less power/aero. I also love being able to occasionally street drive to the track with AC, run all day and drive home.

BW13: 1:57.3
T-Hill: 1:58.8
T-Hill West: 1:23.1

Excited to get the 3.45 LSD + bigger GT4 Wing installed before running Buttonwillow in cooler weather. Need that sub 1:55 like the cool kids.
I'll take a look to ordering it. Thinking of doing single hump dash since my radio doesn't work because I removed all the modules and amp.
But also considering a aftermarket dash that also acts as lap timer. Plus provided many other engine vitals. Been working on the CAD design to fit it.
Still have most of the interior. Just rear seat out for the cage fitment.
I got a upgraded mechanical LSD 3 clutch pack. Stock gears. It helps a lot.

My times
BW13 1:56.2
T-Hill west 1:24.2
Laguna 1:39.8

Curious to see your e82 build.
When you going to BW again?
Could just buy this and be done with it…

https://wilvernmotorsport.co.uk/prod...ter-insert-e9x
Wow, what a great find. I searched and couldn't find it. Thanks for sharing.
///M3... Don't want more power, Just want it to turn sharper one step closer each time. -Ohlins TTX Raceline, PolePostions seats, Akrapovic EVO, ARC-8, 1/2 Cage, Seat Delete, Stoptech BBK, solid Subframe and diff bushing, spherical bearing on everything.
Appreciate 1