01-19-2018, 08:36 PM   #36
Raek
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 M3, '17 Macan GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by importraceram View Post
I've seen similar comments on various threads from this guy. Are you just mad because you paid $65k for a car that someone is now owning for $25k?

Depreciation is a great thing. I'm sure there are many people on this forum, as well as other car forums, that would not be driving what they are driving if it wasn't for depreciation. But keep assuming that a younger enthusiast is irresponsible, reckless, and incapable of owning such a beautiful car.
A C63 with an open diff isn't the most beautiful of cars, cutie. Nor is the E92M. It's a cool car...but, hardly beautiful.

Anyway, it's not necessarily the monetary value of the car as it is the fact that a 20 year old *in most cases* isn't really that cultured behind the wheel. Keep in mind the fact that *in most cases* a 20 year old is still in that territory where they feel the need to prove things.

The fact that this kid has been doing this around other parts of the city proves that. As do plenty of videos of young kids in relatively high-horsepower RWD cars that have reputations.

My first car was a $100 VW Fox when I was 15. It was slow, broke a lot, and didn't have ANY reputation...but, it taught me how to turn a wrench and how to climb a ladder (which has in no way reached the top).

Now, are there instances in which a 20 year old kid has patience, responsibility and the respect to not want to show off at all times while admiring and appreciating what they drive? Sure...

...but...um...kids are eating Tide Pods...so, yeah.