Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 340i

Garage List
2016 BMW 340i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by m3alabama View Post
It sounds like you are not polishing or protecting the paint? 450 for a polish of the little roof is a total rip which you could have easily done in an hour. Get yourself a Porter cable polisher, read detailedimage.com or the internet, get some polishing supplies and a couple good products for protection (sealants) and give the car a polish every 6mo-1 year and apply protection every month. I had a JB bmw a few years ago and the paint looked better the day I sold it 4 years later than on delivery.

You don't need to sand anything. You can get a pretty abrasive polish to remove almost anything and there are a bunch of different strengths. WIth the orbital polisher it makes it nearly impossible to damage your paint unless you sit there or fall asleep with the thing spinning on one area for 5 mintues. I learned on my bmw and it was a no brainer and very easy.

Also it sounds like you are paying too many people to clean your car. I would never trust anyone else to "handwash" my car. They are probably the cause of most of the damage. A touchless carwash is better than someone handwashing it as it is extremely hard to do a perfect handwash and not introduce scratches, marring and swirls on a JB bmw. I would learn to wash, polish and protect your car all on your own if you want paint to look nice.

This honestly isn't a warranty or bmw problem, it sounds like poor choices of someone handwashing your car poorly, some bad luck with bird shit and rust and a lack of paint care and protection on your part. Easy to fix luckily, all you need is a bit of time and effort
+100000 pretty much hit the nail on the head with what most likely is going on. I can probably guarantee you need paint correction and with proper maintenance all your problems will be gone. My advice? Hit up jimmy lucci and get an amazing correction done on your car and ask him how to maintain it. Looking at jet black will make it swirl up. If you can't handle the cost to get it corrected or feel this is just outrageous then you will realize to never buy a black car unless you want to take the time and patience to make it look good properly. Sorry you had to buy this expensive of a car to find this all out thought the black paint thing was a universal concept. Best of luck
Appreciate 0