kaykay
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3 ZCP

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Technic View Post
93 octane would have given at least 20hp out of those 28... remember, you are in California where the highest octane allowed by law is 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp2 View Post
Are you certain that is CA law? Not questioning, just clarifying.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Technic View Post
It is a CARB regulation that have penalties if violated, so it is law.
We have 100 octane "race gas" in Brentwood, 10 minutes away from my office. If it was illegal, why would they sell it. Definitely not illegal. I don't think 76 sells "illegal gas"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael F View Post
I dont think it as simple as putting in 100 octane and dyno. I remember pg follow some steps before he dynod and maybe that why other people dont get same thing.

I follow pg's posts for a while. Only 22hp gain and only 8 ft/lbs of torque from pg's aa tune. I think thats modest esp because other tuners say they get 40hp. Maybe you mean its way out of line because its too low? I looked and saw that King Tut got 20hp gain and also 8 ft/lbs of torque from his aa tune, basically identical to pg. So at least King Tut was able to duplicate it. So what was wrong with pg's results? I am thinking of going the same route as pg so i'm curious about this.

Also curious if you download pg's dyno files to see if anything was wrong?
I think even a 20hp gain from switching to a higher octane is reason enough to put it in your car. Hands down.
'08 550i M-Sport, Carbon Black (Gone but not forgotten), '06 W211 E55 AMG (Gone, miss this animal),'01 E39 540i Sport
Appreciate 0