View Single Post
      09-29-2020, 08:13 AM   #12
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Oh and not sure if this is even an option....BMW scooter.

I have a 2016 C650 Sport bought used. BMW doesn't make the Sport any more just the GT. The differences between the Sport and the GT are: Sport is 25lbs lighter, doesn't have the full foot boards that extend back to the passenger, no blind spot detection, no electrically adjustable windscreen, no back rest for the rider/driver, and a different underseat storage configuration.

I have to say after putting some miles on it absolutely love it. Very relaxed ride. The GT would probably be even more so with the adjustable back rest. The thing handles great. I've had it leaned over twice far enough to scrape the ground clearance feelers. The inverted forks and rear suspension setup gives visual hints that BMW spent time on the suspension setup. Gets great gas mileage. Been averaging around 50 MPG although it does take premium. Has all the tech goodies such as ABS and traction control. There are two glove box areas up front where one has a 12V accessory outlet and is lockable with the steering lock. Heated grips and heated seats (driver/passenger individually adjustable).

There is a luggage rack option and a top hard case that goes on top. I don't know if there are side cases you can add to at least the GT. There are none that I'm aware of for the Sport.

I've had it up to 90MPH without issue. BMW states top end is 110MPH. The only gripe I have is the front brakes are a bit weak even though they're dual disk with dual piston calipers. I tend to have to use the rear brake often. The trans is a CVT. Launching off the line is a bit slow but once you get going it's great to not have to think about shifting.

Last edited by zx10guy; 09-29-2020 at 09:01 AM..
Appreciate 1
overcoil3073.50