04-30-2021, 03:07 AM   #120
Abdul
Captain
Rep
Drives: E39 M5/E92 M3/E60 M5/F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TX View Post
Abdul,

Can you please explain exactly in great detail what parts are replaced with new components, what parts are tested and what parts are left original?
Thanks. You website says you replace the gears and mosfets and check the regulators. In another thread you said everything except the housing is brand new, which conflicts greatly with your website and posts as every single component would have to be replaced from the entire PCB, gears, shaft, springs, motors etc.

Do you do this work yourself or are you receiving boards from rebuild UK and swapping the boards? If we open one of your actuators would I find PCB work indicating that the mosfets and regulators had been replaced? It would be very easy to verify, but I thought I'd ask you first.

Regards,
TX

Hi there,

Without going into too much detail (you can PM if you need more info), we find the fault in the board. We power and operate the PCB. Once the board is repaired, all the main components that are prone to failure are replaced with higher temp rated. Some components are replaced with higher-powered components. The DC motor is overhauled.

I may have misspoken when I said the entire unit but for the shell. We don't change the plastic housing or some other small things that never need attention. The spring is one of them. Absolutely, if you open any of our units, you would find those parts replaced.

All the parts are tested live for an extended period of time before the units are boxed for shipping. Between Rebuild and M Power Motorsports, we have sold thousands of units to customers in almost every country in the world. If you think the grill on the G80 is bad, the horrible choice of the electrical components in these actuators is far worst. Someone had a brain freeze when they were putting this together.
Appreciate 2
TX366.00