View Single Post
      06-06-2011, 12:52 PM   #19
JCtx
Major General
Rep
Drives: No BMW yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by mact3333 View Post
You are a hard man to please when it comes to exhausts...
Not really, but each of us have a different expectation of how we want our exhaust to sound, both inside and outside the car. And the problem is you just can't rely on video clips to make that decision; it's a hit or miss that way, and I'd guess mostly miss . For instance, I wasn't expecting the BMW performance exhaust to sound noticeably louder inside the car, but by your statement, it does. And spending 4 grand blindly doesn't make sense to me anymore. I've probably bought a dozen exhaust systems over the years, and none performed the way video clips and descriptions made me believe they would. Reason is each person has different tastes in sound, different definition/tolerance of drone, etc. Nothing like hearing one in person, and riding shotgun for the all important cabin aspect of it. Oh, and don't forget folks who don't list other mods that affect the sound and noise levels.

Since I use this car mostly for long trips, interior noise is critical to me. Car is pretty noisy already, so exhaust can be a bit louder inside, but NOT above road/wind noise, or overall interior noise would be even more. That reminds me I need to order new DWS tires (have been backordered for months) to reduce road noise, which is ridiculous with the PS2s over rough asphalt (prevalent here in the desert southwest). Take care man.
Appreciate 0