Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 M3 coupe - Manual

Garage List
2009 E92  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaiman View Post
So for a car like the Viper ACR where the suspension has a wide range of adjustment to dial in the car for a partiular track, your argument would be that it must be run at the ring in whatever configuration its sent to the dealer in? Seriously???

Come on Swamp, the car was designed to have those parameters varied to achieve maximum performance on the track. That one of the things you pay for, and there is nothing wrong with using that feature in the pursuit of lap times.

There is no way 99% of people agree with you on this one.
Thanks Jaiman. You are completely correct IMO.
Garr. The original 7.29 time was not using the VSpec tyres and wheels. It's only the later faster times that used those options. Someone keeps saying it here (I think it's you) and time and again Footie has pointed out that it was on the std tyre/wheel combo.

I would have to see the original posting by Nissan on the ring time but "Showroom Stock" sounds like North American wording and not something that Nissan would say (unless it's Nissan North America of course). I suspect some other wording but can't confirm that as I haven't seen it.

And how come it's ok for the ACR to adjust suspension and not the GTR??? Just becuase it looks like a race car and is fairly well stripped out doesn't change the fact that it's sold as a street car so therefore it goes by the same set of rules as everyone else. According to you and Swamp the times are invalid as it was altered. (and it looks ridiculous especially in snot green)

P.S.
Do we get a prize if this is the longest post ever on here????
Appreciate 0