03-31-2013, 03:29 PM   #9
PrometheusM3
Aquarian
United_States
Rep
Drives: LSB E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
Wow....amazing..never see this before,the ///M8....jesus !
I think it's more than 20 years ago,i did a test drive with the 850 i,and i was surprised by the power, not like my ///M3 today, but at that time it's was amazing !
Now the ///M8....man....THX for sharing this unique pictures
BTW...was this... the 8 cyl. or the 12 cyl. engine ???
The engine is a V12 (modified S70).

Here's what Wikipedia says:

"Originally envisioned as a Ferrari competitor, only a single prototype BMW M8 was ever produced, equipped with a special version of the S70 engine, essentially a bored out version of the M70 with experimental multi-valve cylinder heads. The only prototype ever produced (one that was reportedly not even road safe) was locked away by BMW in the company's Giftschrank (poison storage).

"BMW and the M Division had strongly denied that the car was even a possibility since the initial stages of its development. A world exclusive feature in the February 2010 issue of BMW Car Magazine, however, revealed that the M8 prototype still exists in its entirety. The car was unveiled for the first time in front of journalists on July 2nd, 2010 at the BMW Museum in Munich."

I was so pumped to see it in person. I actually think it was only in the Welt museum for a couple of days before its private unveiling. I'm pretty sure it's never been back since; probably back in the poison storage room. I just was lucky enough to be there at the time.

Last edited by PrometheusM3; 03-31-2013 at 03:35 PM..
Appreciate 0