View Single Post
      11-10-2012, 04:39 PM   #66
HP Autosport
Supreme Allied Commander
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3
Location: Santa Barbara, AP, Brembo, GIAC, Koni, Ohlins, Performance Friction, www.hpautosport.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjae1976 View Post
What's KW's linear spring offering? Clubsports?

When I was e46 coilover shopping JRZ was just about to release a single adjustable damper, not sure about the model name. In talking to Bimmerworld extensively, they were pretty clear on the differences from going with TCk and AST and that JRZ was stepping up.

In case anyone is wondering, the ASTs are nice...don't get me wrong...but it was explained to me that the TCK's had a better rear spring design and the dampers seem to hold up better. Plus you can talk to TC Kline himself when you call and ask retarded questions. (I think he waits until I hang up to laugh at me.) I've seen a couple of somewhat in depth articles on how TC Kline develops suspension systems and I like their approach.
Yes, to get linear spring rates you will have to step up the the Clubsport two-way, three-way or beyond. Even then the valving the the KW will not be as good as the TCKR DA's.

TC has been doing this for 20+ years, both in suspension development and racing. He offers suspension kits for M cars dating back to the E30 all the way to the late E9x. The spring design you are referring to might be the E36/E46 barrel style springs for increase stroke/travel, his E9x springs are constant ID linear rate.
Appreciate 0