Banned
Rep
Drives: MR E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by GewoW View Post
Cheaper and stronger gets my vote!

And it's actually gonna be something like 6-7 K w/ tires

For the thread creator:
Wheels are ~ 21-22 lbs each. They are forged, but not die-forged. They are cut out of a piece of aluminum, not imprinted, and so they are slightly weaker than other better wheels. They are good, but quite overpriced. If you plan on tracking your car lightly, then these are fine. If you're looking into getting that design for your wheels (very nice IMO), I would suggest looking into something like Neez, which are stronger and about the same price. Better yet, RAC wheels will probably be stronger (and cheaper) than all the above, but are really not readily available. There is a thread that is alluding to potential development and group buy for the E92 M3, but this won't happen before 10+ months. If you're looking to get now, either get these, or Neez.

Thread's here: http://m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=204946

My 0.02$, but since this thread is about the tires and not the wheels, you may disregard my post. The tires should be good, but I know for a fact that the Michelin PS2 are LOVED by all that own them. Whether that's worth the extra 1K for them or not (I don't think so) is for you to decide.

Good luck.
+ 1

EDIT: HRE are machined from a forged blank according to HRE COO.

Last edited by crimsone90; 04-08-2008 at 10:27 AM..
Appreciate 0