View Single Post
      09-11-2012, 09:31 PM   #16
NHman
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2018 Audi S4 Prestige

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYM3FAN View Post
So this is getting pretty frustrating now.

My CA told me last week that my car was scheduled to be produced first week of October, but when I called up the main BMW hotline to check and my production status and spoke to someone, he said that my order had been accepted but there still was no confirmed production date or week.

He also told me that my order hadn't been accepted until August 30th (even though I placed the order with my dealership on July 25th).

August 30th was also the first time since placing my order that I called up my CA to ask for an update.

Coincidence? I don't think so.

I'm guessing my CA either forgot to place my order/didn't have an allocation slot and had been lying to me saying my car was scheduled to be produced first in August, then in September, now in October.

However, as I said before, it still has no confirmed production date even though my CA keeps telling me otherwise.

Obviously I'm very skeptical to what she's telling me and don't know what more I can do.

So frustrating...
Did the BMW hotline indicate when a date would be set for production? It sounds to me that your dealer didn't have a production slot. You could always call around, perhaps to one of the forum sponsors, to see if one is immediately available.

Have you locked into financing with your dealer? If so, you will need to resubmit an application to BMW FS for approval. As the approval is dealer specific.

Being in NY, the tough part is the potential timing of taking delivery sometime late November or December. Either snow tires will be in order or storage.
Appreciate 0