09-21-2018, 07:20 PM   #117
FuzzyPeaches
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamTime View Post
Hello m13s,

Thank you for your response, you have provided some great advice. You are much appreciated!

I checked out the 5 day Bertil Roos school, that seems amazing. Price is a little high - but, like most things in life, you get what you pay for. I'm going to be thinking about this pretty damn hard now.

I fully appreciate the No Shortcuts approach to everything in life. Your words definitely resonate with me. To be fair, my current HPDE situation is a bit more specialized than most, and for this, I am very thankful. When I went to Watkins Glen earlier this year, I became friends with the person who has become my personal driving coach. He is one of the best drivers I have ever known personally (no need to elaborate/name drop/gush about shit), and since the Glen we have done Pitt Race and Mid Ohio. Next is VIR, then Sebring in the winter. Next year, we will be on track as often as our schedules will allow. He doesn't let me chase lap times. He also doesn't put up with any bullshit. I have improved dramatically since meeting him. Also, when I'm not with my driving coach at the next year's worth of HPDEs I will be with my best track friend, who just bought a racecar, which I will get to drive for my first time at VIR in a couple weeks. While I work towards the goal of obtaining my race license by the end of 2019, I will be practicing in his E30 racecar (when I'm not in my E90 M3) so we can be teammates as soon as I have my license. FuzzyPeaches JMJ Racing FTW Thanks, buddy. Much love!!

Mary
JMJ Racing will be awesome! I can't wait!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderMoose View Post
You should sign up for BMWCCA club racing school. You can do it in a street car if you wish. It's a lot of fun and will give you a nice taste of W2W. I bet that's been suggested to you already. Skip Barber is up and running again to. A friend of mine Christine Lam is an instructor. She also races with NASA. You should also consider NASA TT in your street car.
I'm not going to speak for Mary and her plans, as she's perfectly capable of doing that for herself But BMW CCA Club Race School is something we've discussed for her. I just went through last year, and as she mentioned, I just bought a car that I will begin racing this year. Once she has her license, she'll start racing with me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSBM5 View Post
Well I did my fist track day event at Road Atlanta in 1981! So 37 years ago the BMWCCA was well involved in holding track day events. The month after the RA event, Ray Korman and I trailered my Bavaria up to Mid-Ohio for another CCA track event in May 1981. Scott Hughes was the organizer up there for that event. At O'fest in 1982, the track event was held at Lime Rock, which at the time I didn't think much of the course compared to RA and Mid-Ohio. I spent the better part of the 1980s doing track events all over the east coast, mainly with the CCA. In the National Capital Chapter circa 1985, we used to even hold a "Hot Shoe" Fall weekday track event at Summit Point for advanced drivers only where lap times were recorded and posted in the newsletter.

Point taken though...just wanted to point out to the younger forum members that the CCA started doing track events in the 1970s.

Regards,
Chuck
Scott Hughes is a friend of both of ours. Great guy and fantastic driver!
Appreciate 2
CSBM52721.00
DreamTime864.50