AP Racing - Chris_B
Brake Maven
United_States
Rep
Drives: E34 540i/6, others

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3_WC View Post
Marketing.

Same kind of sh*t could said about PF. PF makes brakes for major race series. They have many many hard race laps and championships with their systems.
You may say so, but for those watching this thread (which is about the AP Racing brake system), the difference in experience should not be glossed over so simply.

With all due respect, I have known some of the people at PFC for around 20 years and respect them and the company. However, PFC has been making calipers for just a few years now. They started as a pad company, then got into iron discs and now begun with calipers. Their race calipers have definitely had some success in some arenas after significant challenges, but their street calipers were just released last year. Again, I'm not saying they are garbage by any means. But your statement implies that they have the same level of experience as AP and some others, which is clearly not the case. In the eyes of the market, they will need to earn their stripes just like everybody else has. And I wish them nothing but the best.

Chris
Appreciate 0