Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 2011 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludey View Post
Wow - does no one use the Zaino method any more? I sure do. I've sworn by Zaino products (and methods) for over 15 years.

For drying - 100% cotton high quality towels, nothing else... edgeless, made in the USA, tags ripped off, washed only with other "car" towels, towels. I also use the same towel (only smaller) for washing. What the guy above said about pile is 100% correct.

Also, driving your car to dry it is fine as long as you don't go back afterwards and dry with a towel or worse a fabric without pile. If you're doing that, you're doing the absolute worst thing you can do short of not washing it first. Driving on the road, even if for a super small distance picks up all kinds of grime - roads are disgusting... if you drive down the road then towel off, you're basically just rubbing particles into your paint and causing all kinds of micro-scratches.

I'm surprised to not hear more of the Zaino methods in this thread... For those that haven't heard of it, google Zaino Brothers and check out their products and methods for application on their site. It's pricey and at first requires a significant amount of time investment. But after the initial strip, claybar, prep, wax, polish, seal steps, it's quicker to re-wash, wax, seal. Or just wash. I'm also a huge fan of their tire care product - which is usable on the interior plastic pieces - it's non-greasy, and holds up way longer than traditional products. And their leather care is awesome as well. I know of two high end detail shops in the area that use Zaino exclusively. Worth checking out if you haven't already and you are a detail-nut!
What Zaino do you use? I use Z2 and Z5 then the spray seal. Works great!

2011 M3 Coupe,Jerez Black,DCT,EDC,DSC
2010 X5 30i Black
Appreciate 0