Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2017 C63

Quote:
Originally Posted by gallian93 View Post
Hey guys.
I was wondering if anyone else saw this

http://www.topspeed.com/cars/porsche-gt2/ke1715.html

I am a little worried about the blow back for even referring to the US version of Top Gear... but that said, I hate the show but like Tanner.

Firstly I know very little about forced induction, but it scares me that you can drop a ton of cash-ola on a supercar and not have it perform on demand….
“Yeah… the car is wicked fast… except today… it’s a touch too hot… I am down 50-60 HP”

My question to the people that are probably a lot smarter about this stuff than me is that, is the next generation Ms with turbo rather than naturally aspirated motors going to have the same issues?

For those that are going to say that 640BHP minus 50 … what is the big deal?
I have 414 under my hood now. I don’t used them all, BUT paid for them and like knowing that I got what I paid for and can get them any time I’d like
According to the Society of Automotive Engineers, forced induction cars lose more power when it's hot out - but gain more when it's cool. The SAE provides different parameters for forced induction cars in order to correct observed power readings to Standard Day meteorological conditions.

So if you live in the Sahara, tough break. But if you live somewhere up in Montana or Idaho...

With a given that most turbo cars nowadays automatically compensate for altitude with more boost, so power doesn't fall off up to, say, 6000 feet or so.

Ah-h-h, a Montana blizzard. Time to play in your turbo car...

Bruce
Appreciate 0