01-03-2011, 11:25 AM   #432
AP Racing - Chris_B
Brake Maven
United_States
Rep
Drives: E34 540i/6, others

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearhead999s View Post
I witnessed Jaypod on these pads for the 10+ days as he was at most of the same track days as myself.We lapped quite a bit together it was quite noticable visually and on video of how much deeper he could brake than myself on stock brakes with HP+'s or RS 19's.I would be overheating my fronts with Jay not having any braking issues and very little pad dust compared to my car.I think the Mintex's are fine for somebody who is agressive but not abusive on their brakes.
That being said my new car that will be here in March will have a BBK before it ever on the track as a BBK is proper way to go if you lap a lot but it does not mean that you can use the brakes at 100% every lap of a complete session even with race pads as heat management with this heavy a car is a huge problem for us.I do intend to run Pagid RS 19 or 29's for the track.
The RS19 or RS29 are a good, all-around endurance race pad. They are made for lasting long runs (4-12 hours) with good friction. If you are looking for more of a sprint pad (more aggressive friction, less than 4 hour runs and good rotor life), try the Mintex F3R up front. These were developed for 3500 pound professional stock cars that have small brakes and drivers who want a very linear feel and great release characteristics. Since the Mintex MXM's that come in the rear kit have a similar response curve (just a little lower friction) they make a very good pairing with the F3R up front.

Chris
Appreciate 0