United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 X3 M-Sport (Loaded)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans Delbruck View Post
I don't know how many they're building.... but if you look at

Number of C63's listed for sale on Autotrader: About 20
Number of M3's listed for sale on Autotrader: Over 800

that doesn't look so hot for the M3. I mentioned this little stat before but maybe no one else finds significance in it.

For me, it's not really about impatience now. I don't really want to say too many good things about the C63 since I know this is an M3 board... but I have evaluated all the reasons I've kept certain cars in the past, and sold others. The C63 is more likely a better fit for me than the M3. I think if I went through with the M3, I'd be disappointed I didn't try something "new"
Originally I doubted that the C63 demand was as strong as was being reported, but after calling nearly 20-25 dealers today trying to locate the proverbial "needle in a haystack" that perhaps my dealer overlooked, I was finally able to unearth one car in stock and available for immediate delivery...a Steel Gray/Black with 700 miles. Not being a huge fan of the Steel Gray in the C63, I decided to buy a 2008 with a May 30th build date and early-July delivery. Deposit given and contract signed My M3 order was officially cancelled last night and my deposit is being refunded tomorrow. For what it is worth, the General Manager of the BMW dealership told me that I am the 2nd person this week to cancel an order for the M3 this week because of the long wait for build and delivery.

It is with great trepidation I say goodbye to the M3. In fact, I was pretty torn between all three cars (C63, M3, and RS4). BTW...the Lexus never even entered the contest. One look at in person is all it takes. For those critical of the C63, check out the IS-F in person...very off-putting (Humpback whale hood, Faux tail pipes, and garish silver carbon fiber-look material).

Now I am just making my final decision on Paint and Interior colors before locking down the final specs for the build. It is between White and Palladium Silver (the color of the car in the Top Gear Episode: C63 -vs- M3 -vs- RS4). Initially, I thought White was best, but now I lean towards the Palladium Silver...still HOT, but also more sophisticated at the same time. It really reminds me of the Mercedes Racing Cars colors.

Well, off to dream of the my delivery date...still too far into the future for my liking, but it is what it is!
Appreciate 0