Garage List
2000 BMW M5  [0.00]
1990 BMW 735i Turbo  [0.00]
2008 BMW M3  [7.50]
2015 BMW M3  [0.00]
2015 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic311 View Post
Car can and does go into limp mode if you spin out and stall it while in gear..I suppose the ECU goes through some internal checks, (you would know more about this) but it generally clears itself while driving or through a few on/off power cycles of the engine
No it does not. It's not a designed feature and it's not supposed to do that.

You can stall it and it won't go into limp mode. You can spin out and it shouldn't go into limp mode. DSC malfunction I've seen a few times caused by sensors getting freaked out - not engine malfunction and limp mode. This should ONLY happen with a malfunctioning sensor or something else awry.

The ECU does not perform its standard internal checks while driving. Most checks are performed when the ignition is powered on. There are other checks that the DME performs while driving but they are not related in any respect to this particular situation and do not apply.

Restarting the car will usually clear something like this if it's not a persistent fault and is an environmental 'glitch'.

+1 to what M3an other than these malfunctions potentially being a safety feature. The DSC faults (+ start off assistance inactive/ DBC malfunction / CBC malfunction) can be caused if the car gets confused due to an extreme circumstance.

-----| Like us on Facebook | Instagram || Tuning Information | Remote Coding |-----
----Visit us at www.BPMSport.com - Emotion. Driven. | Toll Free: (888) 557-5133----
Appreciate 0