View Single Post
      11-21-2012, 06:26 PM   #19
jeremyr4
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '13 E93 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorfast View Post
Instead of doing the oem mod just get a louder axel back like an eisenmann race, meisterschaft gt2, etc. Won't void your warranty and you will have all the cabin noise you desire.

Good point but I'm trying to keep a relatively low profile and I have never modified an exhaust before, so the OEM Exhaust Mod (non-perforated) is already a step up for me. I love the sound of the Eisenmann Race based on the many videos I have watched but I like to keep a low profile so it would be far too loud on the outside for me.

I'm not sure that the balance of not too loud on the outside with loud enough on the inside is realistic/doable, given that the convertible is now a hardtop (vs the E46) and given the amount of insulation they use, but I'm still keeping my fingers crossed that perhaps something can be done...

Once I do the OEM Exhaust Mod I will probably get enough noise on the outside, which is why I am focused on increasing engine noise (vs exhaust noise) as another step that I'm trying to figure out, especially given that the OEM Exhaust Mod really only increases cabin noise by 10-20% - not that much.

Does anyone else have any other suggestions? Thanks again for everyone's help...

Jeremy
Appreciate 0