Thread: STi to M3?
View Single Post
      06-08-2019, 09:11 PM   #14
neilum
Captain
Rep
Drives: 991.2 GT3

I also came from a Mazdaspeed 3 / Sti background and the difference is in refinement, looks, and sound.

As I got older the M3 was just a better fit and a nicer car as I got more successful and more mature. It's higher end meaning with a good aftermarket exhaust the V8 sounds borderline exotic. STi's sound cool with the boxer rumble but doesn't give the same holy shit that sounds just good/refined/exotic feeling. Hard to explain. V8's man, they are amazing to own.

It's also probably a better drive in terms of just being a nicer car. BMW's don't have the best interiors, but its a nicer car in general than the Suby.

Plus IMO and totally subjective but my car looks nicer than any Subaru.

Classic lines that you can't fake.

Comes down to what you like though, but I could never go back to a car like the STI as fast and cool as it is. Don't mean any offense at all. But it's a natural progression I feel is to head this way. The Suby feels like an economy car at the end of the day, and will never sound as good. Plus, E90's have that classic BMW feel, hydraulic steering, there is a real German feel to the car overall.

Bring $5K in reserve though for rod bearings, and throttle actuators. These aren't cheap cars to own but you gotta pay to play.

Help change your mind?

Appreciate 0