View Single Post
      05-25-2012, 10:32 AM   #8
M3 Montreal
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2012 M3 SG ,DCT & 2011 S4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave07997S
Car and Driver just ran a 11.8@125mph, 0-60 in 3.5 and 0-100 in 7.8 sec. Oh, it pulled 1.0g on a 300 ft. skidpad.

Here's the article..http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/2013-ford-mustang-shelby-gt500-test-review-blue-ton-of-horsepower-page-1

I know we will hear, "its a Ford?!", it can't turn or the interior sucks..whatever, don't care. This car rocks!!

Dave
I'd like to see how it transitions. I find cars nowadays are getting better on lateral G but a track will have transitions and bumps.

I don't think the rear suspension can handle anything but the smoothest road surfaces.

Until they put that beast of an engine in a better chassis with IRS I would pass on it as it still a straight line car.

My 08 M3 was stolen and I rented a 2013 mustang GT for a few weeks. I was VERY disappointed with its handling. The engine was great but it can't handle bumps at all. It bounces way too much in the back.

Wait for the new chassis that will come out with IRS. I think then it will be a contender for track use.

That's my opinion and I came VERY close to picking one up when mine was stolen but in the end I ordered a 2012 M3 because I hated the bounciness and terrible transitioning.

I would buy the Camaro over the GT500 as its proven to handle extremely well on the track and has plenty of power for street use. My problem with the camaro is its weight.

I think the next gen Mustang and Camaro will be amazing. I would hold off unless you prefer drag racing.

The gt500 does 0 to 60 in first gear which helps on that amazing time.

2011 B8 S4 S-Tronic , Black on magma red
Appreciate 0