View Single Post
      12-24-2013, 10:34 AM   #50
Airbus///m3
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E190

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am Earl View Post
I really don't like airbus. Its like the turbo engine vs NA. I like old school thats why md-80 or older 737s are my favorite. How do you guys fly with a joystick on the left hand anyways? What if you are right handed?

I'm no real pilot but have spent about 10+ years in flight sims with good addons (like PMDG), so please dont take what I said seriously I'd love to sit on your jump seat, never been to a real cockpit!

Oh and I am really scared of flying, I know exactly how many steps are involved flying a jetliner and what pilots have to go through and how many things can easily go wrong. So i try to not to fly as much as i can, i know its embarrasing.

You should try flying the stadium visual 29 or la guardia expressway 31 for some nice old school visual landing. I love doing those in my 737-800.
You don't even notice the stick after about 30 seconds. It is a non factor. The expressway is a good one. I also like the river visual 19 at DCA and the harbor visual to 29 at PWM. Makes for a little fun after doing an ILS everywhere.

Cheers!
Appreciate 0