View Single Post
      04-08-2021, 02:17 PM   #33
KevinGS
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Past 2015 M4, Current 2013 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPWINCH View Post
curious, have you ever driven a car with brake by wire? (idk if the m5c has it).

Its one of the worst things I have ever experienced in a car and is dangerous in my opinion. Not knocking the g80 in specific just really think it was a bad move to go with brake by wire. They did it, supposedly, for active cruise control which is a total must on a //m car right?

Regardless, the car will be fast and im certain you will queef right past me with that s58/zf8 fartbox combo but I promise my smile will be bigger in my little e90 Like you said whatever floats your boat, personally I keep my boats in the water
Brake By Wire is fine if implemented well. And it works just fine in the G80. When I test drove it, the brakes felt fine and natural (in Sport mode - too squishy in Comfort mode).

And most cars, even sports cars, they get heavier over time...mostly because they get bigger. Look at the 911. That thing is downright huge now compared to 30 years ago.

So for all of you who want a light, rigid platform built today, you'll have to look at some niche sports cars like a Vette or maybe a Supra, or a used Cayman (something built from the ground up to be a no-compromise sports car - and even those cars are filled with modern luxuries). Sure, a new M3 CSL may shave hundred pounds, but if it's at the expense of my creature comforts, I'll pass. Don't even THINK about taking out my armrest, or it's a hard pass for me. LOL My M is built to be a road car, and a trip car, not just some car I pull out of the garage to take to the track. If I simply wanted a pure track star, a used Cayman GTS would be ideal for me.

Again, if you want lithe and agile, then find a purpose built sports car, not a car based off a basic 3- and 4-series. Hec, you can always add power to a Miata or Lotus, and then you're all set.
Appreciate 1
CPWINCH733.50