View Single Post
      03-24-2008, 11:11 PM   #528
JoeClothing
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E60 M5

I actually snagged two newbies before the April 1st price increase. Their watches are going up 12-16% which is just crazy and pretty much pricing out average income earners like myself.
Long story short, I sold a Pam 24 to help pay for an engagement ring and promised myself I would get another some day. My AD had a 12 month no interest deal, and with a kid on the way, I figured it was now or never so I hopped on 2.
They are great investments and my advice is to buy limited production models. Often times the Historics (base models) are the most desired.
I ended up buying a Pam 240 which is a new model this year. It's a titanium Marina with date and tobacco dial. Limited to 1000 pieces, and a gorgeous looking watch if you can find one.
The other watch I got was a 219 which is a left handed base model limited to 400 pieces.
Make friends with a sales person, tell them what you want, and get on a list. The best watches usually never make it to the case since they are spoken for once they come in.
Good Luck!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0