View Single Post
      12-18-2011, 12:42 PM   #2
Ateam
Banned
Rep
Drives: M3

This one is easy since I just debated this.

"original" cover the perf pipes mode-MUCH more quiet but NO drone whatsover. If you have the bug for more sound however I feel this would not satisfy you for long. If you really are happy with the OEM sound and literally want just a touch more and would be thrilled with that-this is your mod.

ACM-which is what I got. I actually "thought" I would have been happy with just a touch louder like the original. When I got this I did not know as many people had not done this. However I realized it is MUCH louder than the original method and sounds about as loud as in between eisenmann sport and race. VERY sweet tone to it and it also sounds just like the m performance exhaust.

It DOES have some drone if you are in the wrong gears/speed/rpm. Around town its real easy to stay in the right gear at cruising to have none. On the freeway its funny-at 70 mph in 7th there is NOTHINg. At 75 and above in 7th there is drone.

The answer to that-either cruise at 70mph which is better for tickets and mileage. If you cannot do that than put it in 6th to cruise at 75 or above and the drone is eliminated but mileage suffers a bit!

So if you want m-performance sound for 400 dollars with some drone that is modifiable to have no drone as long as you select the right gear-this is it.

If you don't want to bother with any drone and have a very subtle change than the original is for you.

If you have the 3500 to spend, than get the m performance and have best of both worlds.

I did not have 3500 to spend on an exhaust-I am starting a business and need all the cash I can get-otherwise if you have the dough its a great system. if you do not have the dough the ACM is unbeatable for sound
Appreciate 0