08-18-2008, 07:47 AM   #3
MTROIS
Major
France
Rep
Drives: on the wrong side of the Ocean

Quote:
Originally Posted by monsta View Post
are you talking about those w/ the quarter machines? If so becareful using them b/c those brushes contain all types of junk from other people washing their cars that could be havoc to your paint, your better off finding a complete HAND CAR WASH
I see exactly what you mean Monsta, but what I had in mind is simply a place where you have some kind of high pressure gun that allow you to cycle between soaping, cleanng, rinsing phases (no brush!). I used them in the South and just hapened to see such a place when I went to Belmar yesterday. I usually only used the soap to clean and remove the dirt, etc... and then gently rinsed it before using my microfiber towels. Worked great and had no swirls. I guess I will have to move to be able to wash my car at home.

By the way, I used a hand car wash on Saturday, but was worried to see the guys working on the bottom of the car (where most of the dirt, sand, etc.. is) and then move back up on the doors, roof, etc... with the towels. Bottom line, whether you really hand it to professionals or you DIY!