View Single Post
      05-19-2012, 09:43 PM   #1
ERinEC
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '11 AW E92 M3

2011 Space Gray Metallic Sedan

Hi,

First time posting,though I've been lurking about like many others have learning what I can about the M3 as for options and such. This will be my first BMW but I've driven a few in the past. Currently I drive a 2000 Audi S4, but have dreamed of owning an M3 since before I could legally drive.

Anyway, I looked at 2011 SGM sedan with fox red leather and the carbon leather trim - car has 10,500 miles on it, and is loaded up with the following: DCT, Comp, Premium, cold weather, M Drive, premium sound, and convenience package.

I was told by the salesman that there was a problem with the engine, and somewhere within the last 2,000 miles it was replaced. I probed for more information, and did see a service history up until approximately 8,500 miles. The salesman indicated that more information could be obtained from service regarding the engine swap, but they were closed at the time.

I would certainly look to get as much info as possible regarding the engine swap before moving forward.
The dealer is asking $62,900 - any input apprecitated on what to offer as a starting point if I choose to make an offer and info regarding other M3s getting an engine swap.
Appreciate 0