View Single Post
      01-23-2021, 11:22 AM   #46
Rochen_00
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3 e92

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilehighM3 View Post
Cost should definitely reflect quality. I learned that may years ago and occasionally remind myself by purchasing other things. Hopefully my most recent purchase won't remind me that since it's coming from a more reputable company and costs more than I care to admit for a part I'll likely damage day one. The other source is similar in price to the factory coupe roof, so I would expect an aftermarket of good quality to be more due to the production costs. I didn't know there was more than one option. If you don't mind PMing me the details I would appreciate it.

I expect high quality as well and my dealer has a body shop so I always planned to have them add a couple layers of clear coat to any carbon component that's not OEM. Maybe some that are just for the UV protection. Sealants and ceramic coating can only do so much. Not that I would call an unprotected component unusable, but definitely not a forever part like the existing steel roof should be barring any damage of course.

Here's some pics of what I hope to see in the guesstimated 6-8 week lead time. 🤞🏽Anyone guess where it's coming from? It's not the GB company floating around these days. That didn't go so well.

OMG!! That looks amazing

Alpinemss Tuned | Tecnocraft E9X ///M3 Envy™ Intake System | MS Pulleys | Akrapovic Evolution Exhaust | Ohlins Road&track| BBK Brembo 6p Front & Brembo 4p Rear| H&R Stabilisator| Solid subframe bushings| full spherical bushings| Recaro pole position
Appreciate 1
peterc05114.00