Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 M3 // 2020 M2CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by OG Shark View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ximian View Post
It totally makes sense to go to a full cage. However, at that point for most people, it becomes a track-only car as you definitely shouldn't drive around in a car with a full cage without a helmet.

A half cage is a fair compromise.
Yeah absolutely agree it would become a track only car at that point - I probably misinterpreted it but thought that was the direction the OP was going with his car.

And I'm definitely not knocking half cages or anyone that runs them if it came across that way. I personally am not comfortable with them on the street - but I know many people are. I certainly am not in a position to say which is right and which is wrong for anyone else - only just what I feel is right for me.
The idea is for the car to become a weekend/track car and not a daily - I don't know how people take on the risk of tracking their daily drivers...

My previous track car had full cage - door bars - etc.... and frankly not having the front windows and deleting the AC/radio/etc... made the drives to and from the track absolutely miserable - especially when you'd encounter rain or any remotely hot weather days.

So for this build I want it to be capable/safe but also not such a PITA driving it to and from the tracks. Don't have the luxury of being able to tow at the moment so I want this one to be somewhat comfortable driving to and from events.

Current Garage:
2012 M3 ZCP, Mineral White, DCT: Track Build
2020 M2CS, Misano Blue, 6MT
Appreciate 0