View Single Post
      09-30-2019, 05:45 PM   #6
SYT_Shadow
///M Powered for Life
Rep
Drives: E90M/E92M/M4GTS/M4GT4/X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by MM135 View Post
So that's my dilemma - I could go for a nice bolt in "half cage" while I build out the rest of the car and then remove when its time for the full cage build - or just do a Harness Bar until the full cage build. I'd guess the car will probably see 10-12 events before it goes down for a weld-in cage. I'm far less worried about the money side, I just don't know if I believe a bolt in cage is actually safe and sturdy...

So - does that white paper say bolt in = safe or is a bolt in basically as good as a Harness Bar? My concerns of course are the fact that it's just bolted in, and what if the bolts shear at one of the mounting points, then you've got a boat load of metal possibly moving around and causing more harm than good - or maybe in just overthinking it and a bolt in is fine and better than nothing at all?

In my sig there's a link to the BK install, i believe i linked to the white paper there

The paper discusses stock belts vs harness bar specifically relating to the 'in a rollover you can't move out of the way of the roof and the roof with be crushed if you use a harness bar' topic which is so popular

I would definitely run the bk bar until you have a full cage.
Appreciate 0