View Single Post
      03-18-2019, 10:59 AM   #22
bmwlover0725
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by randrews15 View Post
What was the verdict? I think inquiring minds want to know.
I'm pretty furious now. I told them before they agreed to do the work that if there was slight damage but not awful, that I'd have them toss in new bearings and deal with it myself (don't ask). They said that was fine. They've removed everything, found one spun bearing which magically caused no damage to the crank, but they also found another bearing that did have some scoring on about one quarter of it's surface on the journal.

I told them to throw in the new bearings regardless and now they're going back on their original word and saying they don't want to. So I'm stuck with my car sitting on a lift trying to figure out how to fight this battle.

I understand that everyone here will say that the repair wont last (which I agree with). The reason I'd be doing this is because I almost NEVER and I mean really never drive this thing due to the fact that I fly for work every week and ride in my wife's X3 on the weekends with our daughter. The car is lucky to get 1K in miles per year at this point.
Appreciate 0