View Single Post
      01-05-2019, 02:16 PM   #12
Japanese_Racer
S65B40 FTMFW
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1995 E34 540i, 2011 E90 M3 ZCP

The Porsche 987 is definitely a driver oriented car, but since you've already been driving around in an 2011.75 E90 M3 you'll probably appreciate the slightly newer 981-generation of Cayman/Boxster.

With an interior practically lifted out of the bigger brother 991-generation 911, there is now absolutely no compromise between driving dynamics and driver ergonomics. Still a very much "spartan" interior like the E9X M3 compared to many other similar vehicles, however the quality of materials and build are second-to-none. Basically a 991 for half the price. No joke.

I was recently was able to find a beautiful Sapphire Blue 981 Boxster S for my father since he was interested in buying a new vehicle for enjoyment/leisure purposes since he already has a daily beater.

I highly recommend watching a lot of the media reviews regarding the 981-generation; specifically the Carlos Lago MotorTrend video and the Chris Harris Drives Cars segment, both from a few years ago on YouTube. They both nail it on the head by putting into perspective the level of enjoyment and performance capabilities these cars possess. The midship performance and handling is something that simply needs to be experienced first hand.

P.S. its 2019 now, and considering that the 981-generation ended production in late 2016, its just around that time where a lot of lease returns should be popping up, which should give you some flexibility in terms of options and inevitably, pricing.

-JR
Attached Images