View Single Post
      06-05-2018, 03:57 PM   #69
Maestro
Major
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Sedan, 2021 X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayMoWe335 View Post
I'm just making the point they don't sell it or make money (or very little) from your personal data. This is markedly different from Google/Amazon. I'm not as familiar with MSFT because I only use their products at work and very little at home, but I'd imagine MSFT collects a fair bit.

Sounds like we are basically in agreement. I do think Apple is an unbelievable company and I do own quite a few shares, so I agree I'm biased.
To this point, yes Apple have lots of data on their users, they know how you are using the product and which features you use the most. If you agree to allowing them to collect crash data they have this information as well. This is key to them making better products, and it not in their best interest to sell or share it with anyone else. They will share application specific information with developers which again lets developers make better products. Apple have to protect this information at all cost. If it got out their competitor could possibly use it to make a better product.

All the other companies collect information which turns into their product which they turn around and market to others so they can make money off your data and how you use or not use a product.
Appreciate 0