12-08-2017, 07:59 PM   #38
ItsGary
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaximusB View Post
RG is fair, the final cost will be adjusted based on the actual time they spent on the job. I dealt with them many times in the past with my other car and never have any issues. The 13 hours is just a quote but based on their previous experiences.

In addition to the bearings and rod bolts, you'll need new oem oil pan gasket, oil line o-rings, a few misc. seals, new oil and oil filter kit (drain bolt washers and seal). Not sure what the total is as I got my in-law at Brian Jessel to place the order for me. I can PM you the final price when I get it but online price came out to just under $100us before shipping without the oil.

If your extended warranty is with BMW and you have a good relationship with your dealer then perhaps you could wait??? All depends how much you believe there is a rod bearing issue. If your extended warranty is with a 3rd party then it depends on their coverage in the fine print and may affect your decision??

In my case, the BMW warranty has ended and I only have 3rd party extended warranty. However that coverage is not cut and dry, for starter I have to pay a deductible and I can get my money back at the end of the warranty period if I don't make any claims. So I weighted out my options and decided to change mine since I do plan on keeping the car long term.

RG says they get their parts from Turner, so if you cant get them from BMW they can get it for you.