United_States
Rep
Drives: Back and Forth To Work

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgoldenz View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavpilot2k View Post
Probably true under the new maintenance plan. My experience under the old was was excellent. For three years I didn't pay a dime or replace anything myself, fluids, wipers, even brakes (again, under the old extended maintenance plan). BMW's current plan is a shell of its former self.

But I stand behind the point of my post, which is that Porsche has a higher cost of ownership or lease, because as bad as BMW is, everything for a P car costs more for the same thing.

I'm not a Porsche hater at all. In fact I love them. However, I just don't like what i consider an unreasonable cost of ownership.
YMMV.
My X3 in one year of ownership had $3k in repairs and lost $5k in value, and it was already a 7 year old car at the time.

My last E92 M3 had $3500 in repairs plus the expensive maintenance.

My current E92 M3 has had almost $4k in repairs and maintenance in my first 3 months of ownership.

My 335d had over $6k in repairs in a two year span.

My two 911's had zero repairs in 3 years of ownership. I paid $1000 for the 40k mile service on one, with only $100-150 oil changes other than that. I sold both cars for more than I paid for them.

My Cayenne Turbo had zero repairs in the (short) time that I owned it. The insurance company gave me $5k more than I paid for it when they totaled it.

I'm gonna give the nod to Porsche here...
Maybe you are just bad at picking quality BMWs?

Who knows.

My 5 year old, 50,000 mile E93 had cost me a whopping $78 in repairs (coil pack). Pretty economical if you ask me.