02-19-2018, 08:11 PM   #12
tiltmode43
I plead the 5th.
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 Frontier Pro-4X, '06 Z4MR

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90M3velocity View Post
I have a 2018 Camry SE as a commuter, I have to say the transmission takes forever to downshift and I'm comparing this to the 8 speed autos BMW and GM already have for years. It can handle turns previous Camry's cannot take, but it is no BMW. Toyota does have a color that I currently like more than any BMW offers now though, Galactic Aqua. For basic transportation, it works just fine. But let us not exaggerate fellas, Mazda probably means the FRZ/BRS and Lexus F-Sport cars. They might not be fast in a straight line or pretty, but reviewers have said the F-Sport cars are fun to drive. When the F-Sport GS came out people were mentioning the E39 M5.
I agree with this. Mazda's philosophy is cars that handle well and promote a true connection between driver, car, and road. Mazda has kept the Miata the same for ~20 years for a reason, because it offers what horsepower and outright speed can't. They try to translate this sensation and ideal to their full lineup. I can't imagine all Toyotas handle great, and I do know my F30 handled well, but Mazda's ideas seem very in-line with the philosophy behind the FRS/BRZ.

To keep things in perspective, BMW's next fully-fledged 2-door drop top sports car won't even be available in manual transmission... Ironically enough, it's co-engineered with Toyota though

| Z4M Build Thread | @violetnites | flickr |
Appreciate 1
OUGrad05526.50