View Single Post
      08-20-2017, 08:13 PM   #12
ekological
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2002 M5

Thanks. Unfortunately, I don't know the correction factor. I did have the temp and humidity when I did the baseline dyno at a shop near my place. If I'm not busy and bored maybe I'll mosey on over, but I'll have to wait for the temp to be similar.

I have no reason to doubt the engine builder as he knows his stuff. Look at the P60B40 he restored:

He has quite a few stories of "reputable" shops sending their engines to him to bench dyno and they don't measure up...sometimes with numbers lower than stock!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorH View Post
What an amazing motor. By any chance do you know what the correction factor was for the engine dyne when it was initially tuned?

I don't doubt your numbers but 125 HP/L is huge output from a NA pump gas, street motor (motorcycle engines excluded). You have the same output, per liter, as the 991.2 Porsche GT3 motor. If these numbers are all verified as fact then I would certainly understand that shop's desire to keep the specifics secret.

Would be interesting to see what you car traps at the end of the 1/4 mile, that would be a good verification of the actual power output (other than top speed, but where would anyone do that in the US). Enjoy your new motor sounds like it will be a lot of fun.
Appreciate 2
Patrón544.50
DrFerry6728.50