11-12-2012, 05:14 PM   #34
gatorfast
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 718 Cayman

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadian stig View Post
Um, no it isn't. What exactly is an M3 good for that cannot be achieved with a 335i or even a 328i while saving a load of $$$ on purchase price, insurance, maintenance, and fuel consumption? Spirited drives down mountain roads? There aren't that many around, and practically none here in southern ontario.

And yes people stay away from tracked cars because they perceive tracking to be "abuse". Though to be honest, tracked cars are still certain to be adequately maintained, unlike the garage queen cars where the owner probably didn't even change the engine oil in over a year!
With that logic why even buy a 335i or 328i when you can just buy a Honda civic and save a load of $$. The M3 is a fantastic daily driver for someone who likes performance as well. It has all the comforts of a luxury car while having the performance of a sports car. Not everyone has the capabilities, money, tolerance for risk, desire, etc to track their cars.

M3's that see track time are by far in the minority. I'm not knocking tracking your car at all. I think it's awesome. But you sound very naive thinking the M3 is strictly a track car and not a daily driver for 99% of people out there.
Appreciate 0