Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 M3 Alpine White

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe S View Post
If you get the opportunity, have a drive of an e92 M3 with a Harrop SC.. You may not want an upgrade
I would love to have that opportunity. I am in NJ and I only know of two people in the US that have one. The only SC M3 I have experienced ran an Evolve Unit (I think it was WayneM3 who gave me a ride).

At the time I recalled cutting it short after a pull or two because I did not feel safe due to the acceleration. I accurately recall the acceleration along with the exhaust and intake noise had "unexpectedly" overwhelmed my senses. Through the pull I first thought it was ridiculously quick and then I realized the demonstration was not over so I had tightened my grip on the door rest and that is when the fear kicked in (I figured out is was the SC + DCT combo). I am a 6MT guy and so I had expected a quick moment where my body would get a break between shifts but that never happened because the car just kept pulling.

With the above said, I think more torque in the 6MT would provide even more of a slam in chest. But a SC + DCT is quite a scary experience, I guess any SC + DCT would be that way and with more torque too ... some day.

You making me recall that one experience reminded me of why I haven't sought out this experience again. Simple. The experience will make getting one my focus and I won't be happy with my stock car until I got one. I am not ready to be unhappy with it. I don't have the extra money because the suspension is shot.
Appreciate 1