Thread: E92 M3 looks
View Single Post
      03-07-2007, 12:50 AM   #12
paulyd
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 M3

well right now it's gobbling up the prospect of me buying it...

i think the car is overall amazing, i just wish i liked the bumper more, then i would be utterly obsessed and would not second guess buying it.

now i have to contemplate whether or not to pay $65k for a car which i cant look at from any front angle, or get an aftermarket bumper which I'd rather not do.

From an aesthetic standpoint i dont know how a designer could do such a thing. Lines should flow- if the hood has outward flowing lines it should also be that way with the bumper (a la e46 m3). Benz uses these oppositely angled lines and I think it looks horrible. Yeah a sweet car is still sweet but...

I don't make $200k, so it is a big purchase for me, and when something is not quite right about it, its hard to feel comfortable buying it. I just wish I could be pumped to start saving and have no doubt that I will be happy with my $65k car for years to come. Unfortunately, i'm not so sure anymore.

I dunno if everyone else truly likes it or just isnt saying anything. I bet if this was a lexus or nissan people would be all over this thing- especially the front bumper and powerdome.

Don't get me wrong tho, I still think this car will be one of the hottest on the road.
Appreciate 0