03-03-2018, 05:15 AM   #82
roastbeef
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternallx View Post
Thought I would share my experience with an alternative.

Anti Gravity RS-20 is $550 @ 10lbs.
Ran this on my Lexus ISF for a year. DD (thru north east winters too) and weekend track. Never died on me or any hiccups.

Just transferred it to the M3 and it fits perfect with stock battery tie down.

[IMG]IMG_20180301_190820 by idskyline, on Flickr[/IMG]

I zip tied the red box to the handle.

[IMG]IMG_20180301_192026 by idskyline, on Flickr[/IMG]

The positive terminal on the battery is a tad on the small side, even with the cable as tight as i can turn it; it can be pulled off with some force.

So I screwed these plastic things that came with the battery back to the top of the terminals to make sure it stays connected. ( Had to do the same with ISF)

[IMG]IMG_20180301_192048 by idskyline, on Flickr[/IMG]

All mounted.

[IMG]IMG_20180301_193114 by idskyline, on Flickr[/IMG]
i tried the rs-20, and unfortunately, i was plagued with problems. this battery would have been great since it is priced right, but i had a hell of a time getting the oem cables to hookup to the supplied SAE posts.
worked fine and i was happy until a few days later when the car would randomly not have any power. i was at the track when i started having problems with the car cutting power for a second and upshifting all the way to 7th gear.
they are a stand-up company with great customer service, but i don't think our car's battery management system likes these batteries.
my posts were too small for the oem cable, but mine did unscrew and i modified their SAE posts with a longer bolt to secure them as the original posts do from the factory.
TTony271.00